Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Long Over Due!



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Where do I begin...It's been a while since my last post. Sorry I've been busy getting settled in New York and in my new apartment. So I'll try and make this post short but sweet. Here is what I've been up to the past few months besides working.                                                                                                                                                                                   
(left to right) Joy Adaeze, Stylish woman #1, Stylish woman #2
  Mercedes Benz Fashion Week New York was back in September and I had the opportunity to volunteer again. I had a great time at the shows and got to see the fashion designs up close. I must say I felt very overwhelmed and inspired all at the same time. My inner designer ego was screaming at me to get back to sewing and creating new projects. After the shows I got to hang out outside Lincoln Center. I took a few random pics of people for the street styles. While taking pics I ended up meeting a fashion blogger named Joy Adaeze. She is a well known fashion blogger, writer and stylist. She's had many publications with ESSENCE, Covergirl, and WWD and more. Some of her recent work has been in ESSENCE and The Huffington Post. She also runs her own fashion blog called Joylovesfashion.com  It was a pleasure meeting her maybe we'll cross paths again in the future. (pictured above)


Pics from the Festival
 A few weeks after Fashion Week I went to the Dumbo Art Festival. It was located in Dumbo, Brooklyn. You had local artist and vendors all over the streets. While there I happened to see that there was a designer pop-up shop going on. I ventured into this basement like room to the see the designs and sketches of designer Kathlin Argiro. She had amazing sketches and  pieces. The sketches in the photo collage are some of her works.
 I  also got a chance to see Diana Nyad swim some of her 48 hour marathon in Herald Square in New York. Herald Square is a popular tourist area and also two blocks from my job. I wondered over to see what everyone was looking at. It was Diana Nyad a 64 yr old swimmer who is a known for holding a world record for long- distance swimming. She was swimming in the marathon to raise money to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

 In between my different adventures here and there I got the chance to attend my boss's baby shower. It was a lovely shower and I had a great time. I almost felt like I had stepped into Pinterest. Her sister did an amazing job decorating and the food was delicious. I got a bunch of ideas for the next party or event I plan.











One last thing before I go I am soooo excited to be going to see one of my favorite artist Melanie Fiona tomorrow/ today along with Bridget Kelly and Elijah Blake. All three are very talented artist and I hope to get good pictures so I can write a post about the concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment