Thursday, July 5, 2012

DIY Projects and Tutorials




So recently in my spare time between my internship and job I've had a chance to do a few DIY projects of DYO (Do Your Own) as I'd like to call them. What first inspired me was this maxi skirt I had seen on Pinterest, I followed the link and it took me to a site with a bunch of video's by this lady named Mimi G. Her stuff looked amazing, and her video tutorials were very easy to go by. So my next step was to go to Hobby Lobby and get fabric. I went with the print in the picture to the left.

After sewing a few seams and putting in some elastic I had a nice maxi skirt which can also be worn as a dress as well. In the picture below I can be seen wearing the skirt as a dress with a black belt. Sorry if the coloring in the pic is a little off.

This past week I was on Pinterest again and came across another DYO project. This one is very simple, easier than the dress. All you need is a t-shirt that your willing to cut up and a tiny bit of hand sewing is involved. When you are complete you will have a braided racerback tank top, perfect for this hot summer weather we've been having. In the picture below is my before and after.



Here are the two Youtube tutorials:

The Maxi Skirt Tutorial


The Braided Racerback Tutorial


I hope you enjoy.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment