Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Printed Shorts Cuff D.Y.O (Do Your Own)

The shorts from Pinterest
                                                                                                                                       






This is one of my first D.I.Y. postings so bare with me I'm new to this. I have posted the steps I took to make shorts along with some pictures of the completed shorts. I got the idea to add the print to the shorts from Pinterest. I have made jean shorts before from old pairs of jeans so I figured why not go the extra step and spice them up.


1. Cut the jeans into a good short length you would prefer. I left  few inches on mine because I knew I wanted to cuff them.

 2. I cut out my printed fabric... 4 inches wide and 22 inches long making sure it fit all the around the jean and space to give.

  3.I took the fabric and pinned it to the shorts making sure the the wrong sides were pinned together. ( the printed side should be facing you)

4. After pinning the fabric down I used my machine and sewed down the fabric along the side seams to hold the jeans and fabrics together.

5. This next step may be a little tricky. Once the fabric is sewn to the shorts, I turned the shorts back inside and I put them on so that way I can roll them to the perfect cuff. Then when I had my desired cuff, I sewed the cuff down making a single stitch on top of the cuff to hold it in place.


***BONUS- If you have extra fabric left over you can add it to the pocket if you want! 





If there are any comments or questions feel free to leave them. Hopefully my directions weren't too hard to follow. I will be doing more D.I.Y. or as I like to call them Do Your Own projects as well so be on the look out!! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment